top ten frustrating things...
10. "Because we have always done it this way" answers. Questions deserve scriptural examination and discussion; both sides may learn something.
9. Standing on songs that have the word stand, stand-up, I will rise, etc. in them. We don't kneel when the song has the word kneel in it...
8. People who place form of corporate worship over living a daily life of discipleship.
7. People who threaten to change churches if they do not get their way.
6. People who do not follow through with number 7.
5. Elders who see themselves as more CEO's than shepherds of the flock.
4. The "us versus them" attitude. It is not a war against flesh and blood. (2 Peter 3:9 God is patiently waiting wanting for all men to come to repentance).
3. Wrapping the Cross in a flag. (it contributes to number 4) We should be proud to live in America, but our citizenship is in another, far more important Kingdom!
2 Dis-fellowshipping those with the instrument, but being okay with those who do not believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, or that the Spirit is the bible.
1. Clock watchers!!!! Or pop-up-toaster members if church is not over in 90 minutes or so, pop! Out the door they go.
So...what are your frustrations about church or ministry?